Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Last Song

I think I'm done laying low for now. I just split a man's jugular. To be fair, he wasn't a very nice man. But still.

Time to move on. A new town, a new name, a new place to sow discord. That's what the Quiet wants me to do for it - sow discord. Discord means chaos. Chaos causes confusion, which if it involves any Entities, well, that means we're one step closer to making it happen. Making everything into nothing.

Back before I knew about the Quiet, I was a "disorganized" serial killer. I killed randomly, with no particular pattern, for no particular reason. Sometimes someone would do something that ticked me off, but I wouldn't do anything. Another time, a person would do nothing wrong and I would just take out my trusty razor...

The Quiet changed all that. One day, out of the blue, I heard...well, it wasn't exactly a voice. It was a thought. A thought popped into my head and it was a thought that perhaps we were all better off being nothing than something. I was already killing for nothing, why not kill for nothing?

Hmm. Just tried tuning to a radio station and got some weird numbers with some horrific music in the background. Sometimes the Quiet will send me a clue. Perhaps this is one of them?

"Eleven. One. Twenty. One. Two. One. Nineteen. Nine. Nineteen. Nineteen. Twenty. One. Twenty. Nine. Fifteen. Fourteen."

Time to go.

 -- Number Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment