Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Last Glimpse

Do you know how rare female serial killers are? Very. And for the most part, they use "subtle" forms of murder, poison being the most popular.

There are even categories of female serial killers: black widow, angel of death, sexual predator, revenge, profit or crime, team killer, question of sanity, unexplained and unsolved. A study showed that most female serial killers fell into the "black widow" or "team killer" categories.

I was definitely in the "unexplained" category. There were no little voices in my head, no motives of money or vengeance. I didn't team up with another woman to commit crimes. I certainly didn't bump off any husbands. And I detested poison.

I preferred a straight razor. I still keep one with me. Just for old times sake. I don't kill very often now. It attracts too much attention. If I want to stay in one place, I need to keep...quiet.

Of course, every now and then, I take out the old razor and open a vein. Being an Agent of the Quiet has its perks, but sometimes I just needed to see some blood. To see the expression on a person's face as they took their last glimpse.

Bye for now.

 -- Number Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment